- track headers
- Record Enable button (red circle) turns on track for recording
- Mute button (speaker icon) silences the track
- Solo button (headphone icon) hear the track by itself
- Lock track (padlock) - locks the track from editing
- triangle - show track's automation curves (and effects)
- Pan dial - adjust position of track in stereo
- Volume slider (level meter above gives feedback)
- Zoom slider - bottom left, adjusts how much you see in timeline.
- Add track and editor buttons - bottom left, add a track, and toggle editor visibility
- Transport controls - record, stop and start play, go to beginning, rewind, fast forward, cycle region toggle
- LCD display - 5 modes, time, measures, chord, tuner, Project. Icons at left side of LCD to choose mode.
- Master volume and slider - watch for clipping!
- Loop Browser, Track Info, Media Browser
- Beat Ruler the top
- Tracks stacked underneath
- Master track at the bottom - Use automation curves in the master track to add a fade-in or fade-out, change tempo, transpose parts of the project to a different key.
- Playhead - cut and copied items are pasted at the playhead position
- Arrange track - the sections underneath the beat ruler, for intro, chorus, verse, like tabs on a web browser that can be rearranged.
- Grid Button - topmost right corner - toggle choosing a note value for timeline, or default to automatic
- Regions - the things that make up the stack. The sine wave audio signals dance around within these.
- Automation Curve - thing in the master track
- The scissors next to the plus sign, bottom left - "like a microscope showing a close-up view of the region
- loop browser
- track info pane