- can open any file from command line using the appropriate application using
open -a <Application> <file>
Mounting Network Drives
- Finder->Go-> Connect To Server (%K)
- Applications->Utilities->NetInfo Manager
Spaces (Multiple (Virtual) Dektops
- Command-Shift-3 = a screen capture of your entire screen
- Command-Shift-4 = gives you a crosshair cursor so you can choose which area of the screen you want to capture.
- Control-Command-Shift-3 (or 4) = instead of creating a file on your desktop, copies the capture into your Clipboard memory, so you can paste it where you want.
- Hierarchical file system, replaced by HFS plus
- ls -l shows drwxr-xr-x@
- @ sign means there are extended attributes
- ls -l@ shows extended attributes
- use "chflags nohidden *" to unhide files from Finder
chgrp -R admin /usr/local
chmod -R g+w /usr/local